Peas with Prosciutto
Need a yummy side dish? Sauteed Peas with Prosciutto is a super easy and quick dish for any meal!
Peas are a family favorite at our house! That is the vegetable that I make sure we plant in the garden! Peas are great from the store but fresh peas from the garden are amazing!
It seems like you don’t think about the side dish until the last minute, so it’s great when you have one that only takes a couple minutes to throw it together. You will not be disappointed!
TIPS AND TRICKS
PROSCIUTTO? This is an Italian dry cured ham. You can find it in your grocery store. It will be sold pre packaged. It will be sliced super thin.
CAN I USE BACON? You bet! Just make sure to cook it first before you add it to the peas.
PEAS? Frozen peas are the best in the dish but you can use a can of peas. If you are lucky, use your peas from the garden.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (1-pound) bag frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces (1/8-inch-thick slices) prosciutto, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the green onions, garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute until tender, about 1 minute. Add the peas and saute until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the prosciutto and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the parsley and remove from the heat. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper, and serve.;
Did you try our Peas with Prosciutto recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
SIDE DISH LOVE
Lip Smackin’ Coleslaw! Ever since we got our smoker we have been doing a lot of meat on the grill. There are certain side dishes that go well with smoked meat and coleslaw is one of them!
Growing up the only coleslaw that ever passed by my lips was from Kentucky Fried Chicken. Don’t get me wrong, they make a mighty fine slaw but homemade is always better!
Who knew that one pan and a few ingredients could make something so good! This super simple dinner will come together in less than 20 minutes!
Honestly, I miss Macaroni Grill in Provo, I miss their Rosemary Bread so much! I decided to make them into Rosemary Garlic Rolls, with a little twist!