Light Lasagna is the perfect lighter version if you’re trying to be more healthy.
My mom makes the best lasagna on earth. It’s super simple but it’s perfection. Since I’m trying to be a little more healthy here is my lighter twist on the old classic! I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 to 3 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large container fat free cottage cheese
- 2 bottle Rao’s Marinara
- 4 cups Fat free mozzarella
- 1 box Whole Grain Lasagna noodles
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Brown the ground turkey with the chopped onion and season the meat with salt and pepper, break up the meat into chunks.
- Drain the in a colander, so you can remove the water and grease.
- Mix beef with Rao’s sauce until sauce is heated.
- Coat the bottom of the baking dish with the meat mixture. Layer the noodles (I put them in dry, uncooked), meat sauce, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese. Continue layers until pan is full. Final topping should be meat sauce.
- Cover pan with foil and cook for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. It will be easier to cut and serve.
Did you try our Light Lasagna recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
LET’S DO HEALTHY
Cauliflower Baked Lasagna is a healthy dinner idea that is delicious and easy.