Chicken and Macaroni Soup
Chicken and Macaroni Soup screams comfort food! This is the perfect solution for a cold, wintery day! Heck, this is perfect any time of the year!
I absolutely love soup! Of course, it’s perfect for Winter when it’s so cold outside but let’s be honest, it’s perfect for any time of the year!
It’s the perfect meal! You put everything in one pot and the most fabulous meal is created!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- PROTEIN: If you don’t have chicken on hand, you can use any protein that you have.
- CHICKEN: I always use rotisserie chicken to cut the time down but you can use skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- PASTA: If you happen to have a different pasta than the one we are using, it will work.
- VEGGIES: Have fun and add more veggies, if you have them. Great time to clean out that fridge of veggies that are going to go bad.
- FREEZE: This will freeze perfectly! Let cool completely and then pour into a airtight container. Perfect for another day!
Chicken and Macaroni Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¾ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ pound small pasta uncooked
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup shredded Gruyére cheese
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar blend cheese
In a Dutch oven, add the oil and butter and let melt. Add the carrots and celery to the Dutch oven. Cook the vegetables 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onions, garlic and cook another 3 minutes or until the onion has softened and is translucent.
Slowly add the chicken stock, while stirring to deglaze the pan, and add the vinegar. Stir well. Bring the stock to a boil.
Add the nutmeg, mustard and pasta. Stir well and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the soup about 30 minutes. The pasta should be cooked through and the broth thickened.
While the soup simmers, shred the rotisserie chicken.
After 30 minutes, turn the heat to medium and add the milk, half and half and chicken.
Bring the soup just to a boil and immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook the soup 10 minutes or until it has thickened slightly.
When it is the desired consistency, add the cheeses and stir until cheese has melted.
Did you try our Chicken and Macaroni Soup recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
LET’S HEAR IT FOR THE SOUPS!
Nothing is better in cold weather than grilled cheese sandwiches and homemade tomato soup!
Shepherd’s Pie Soup recipe has all the elements on your favorite pie! It’s comes together so easy and is perfect for Winter nights. It will make you happy and give you the warm fuzzies all the way down to your toes!
Vegetable soup is loaded with vegetables, hamburger, and tasty tomatoes! It’s the perfect comfort food for a busy night!
White lasagna soup is a perfect soup version of this classic Italian dish. It’s the ideal meal for when you craving comfort food. Quick and easy to make, and ready in just 30 minutes.