Shepherd’s Pie Soup
Shepherd’s Pie Soup recipe has all the elements on your favorite pie! It’s comes together so easy and is perfect for Winter nights. It will make you happy and give you the warm fuzzies all the way down to your toes!
I’m a lover of soup anytime of the year but when the snow starts flying, it’s seems like the right time to make a big old batch of soup!
TIPS AND VARIATIONS
- Brown the Meat. Make sure to completely brown the hamburger before removing it from the pan.
- Veggies: You can use fresh, frozen or even canned veggies. They will all work great in this recipe.
- Cheese: If you don’t love cheddar, then feel free to use what you have around the house. It will change the taste of the soup a bit but will be amazing!
- Meat choices: Instead of ground beef, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken. Heck, if you have a rotisserie chicken, shred that.
- Let’s go vegetarian: If you prefer a vegetarian version, replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth. You can also leave out the meat or replace with a plant base alternative.
- Slow cooker: You can make this in the slow cooker by browning the meat first and then adding all the ingredients. Cook for 8-10 hours on low or 4 to 6 on high.
This soup can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze it in an airtight container. Great for make ahead meals!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups diced potato
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
Drain the browned meat into a colander.
Using the same pan, add the onion and fresh carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender.
Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for additional minute.
Add the broth, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
Add the ground beef, half-and-half, and potatoes, stir to combine well.
Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
Then add the frozen corn and peas and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the cheese and cornstarch together and then add it the soup, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted completely.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Did you try our SHEPHERD’S PIE SOUP recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us Instagram!
IT’S TIME FOR SOUP
Potato Leek Soup will become a legend in your house! Nothing screams home like a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. Psst…It’s easy to make!
Easy foolproof dinner idea, Crockpot Rice A Roni Soup! This is easy and delicious!
You can make this as fast as you can get your order out of the window at McDonald’s! Don’t get me wrong, we make our fair share of trips for fast food, and there is a time and place for everything. Since we have started this journey with the blog, it’s pretty clear that homemade is the best!