Lunch Lady Brownies
You haven’t had a brownie until you have experienced a Lunch Lady Brownie! Sinfully delicious, fudge like treat that will change your life forever!
Both of my grandma’s worked as lunch ladies! Back then everything was made at the school and was simply delicious! My grandmas could cook!
Now, I have a daughter that lovessssss brownies! The truth is that she’s a brownie snob. It has to be the right texture, moist enough and completely chocolate! I have tried tons of different recipes, box mixes, and this one is the best!
It’s as easy to make as a box mix but will cook, and taste better!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I freeze brownies? Yes! They should stay good for up to 3 months
- Store bought or Homemade frosting? I’m all about making things easier. If you have a can of store bought icing, go for it. They will still taste amazing!
- Will chocolate chips and nuts work with this? Yes! Throw those babies in. Another fun add in would be some mini M&M’s.
- Cut the recipe in half? I haven’t tried this but it should be fine. Just use an 8 inch pan. If you do it, let me know how it turns out!
If you line the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil will let you lift the brownies out of the pan for easier cutting once cooled. You can also grease the pan, if you prefer.
- For the Brownies
- 1 cup melted butter
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla. Add cocoa and flour. Mix batter until smooth.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350° in a greased 9x13 pan. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting
Did you try our Lunch Lady Brownies recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
LET’S TALK CHOCOLATE!
Death by Chocolate Poke Cake is out of this world delicious. This is for all you chocolate lovers out there! You’re welcome!
Easy Chocolate Banana Bread is moist, soft, and will satisfy any of your chocolate cravings! It is the BEST banana bread recipe.
Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake! I’m a big lover of cheesecake! I prefer it over cake or pie any day of the week! I have a Strawberry Dessert that everyone love and we have called it a “salad” so we could have two desserts and not feel guilty.
On Mother’s Day, I decided to get a little crazy and combine our favorite with chocolate. That is how Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake was born!