APPLE DONUT BUNDT CAKE
Apple Donut Bundt Cake screams Fall! It’s chuck full of apple flavors, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It’s so moist that it will melt in your mouth! It’s coated with cinnamon and sugar just like a big old donut!
The Fall colors are popping all over the valley and the nights feel like Fall! My mind starts dreaming of delicious Fall flavors that makes everything cozy and delicious.
Apples and donuts are the perfect combination to make the perfect comfort food! This little cake is perfect for a weekday treat to sharing it at get together with friends!
- This cake would be perfect with a big old scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Take it up a notch and drizzle warm caramel all over the cake!
- You can also serve it with a glass of apple cider or a mug of hot chocolate!
- Make sure to bake on a low temperature so the cake bakes completely and the edges don’t burn.
- Allow the cake to cool the whole hour in the pan. It will make it easier for it to come out.
- You can freeze this cake if you cover it with plastic wrap. Make sure when serving after it has been frozen, to come back to room temperature.
- The cake will last for up to 2 days in an airtight container or wrapped tightly.
- FOR THE CAKE
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup applesauce at room temperature
- 1 cup apple juice at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR COATING
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Cover bundt pan with softened butter and then dust with sugar. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar and oil. Combine until well blended.
Add the eggs to the sugar mixture and mix on medium speed for about two minutes.
Add the applesauce and vanilla. Mix to combine.
With the mixer on low speed, add ⅓ of the flour mixture, followed by half of the apple cider. Continue alternating the flour mixture and the apple juice, finishing with the flour mixture. Mix until no streaks of flour remain. The batter will be slightly thin, not thick.
Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. CHECK AT 50 MINUTES. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
Let the cake cool for an hour in the bundt pan before turning it over onto a cake plate or cooling rack.
Using a pastry brush, coat the cake in butter.
Combine the ¼ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and then sprinkle onto the top and sides of the cake. To coat the sides, it's best to fill your hand with the mixture and pat it on the cake.
Did you try our APPLE DONUT BUNDT CAKE recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
FALL CAKE RECIPES
Snickerdoodle crazy cake is a quick and easy cake that doesn’t require eggs, butter or milk. It doesn’t even need a mixing bowl! What!?! The cake is made with just things that you already have in your pantry.
This is the perfect fall dessert! Close your eyes and imagine a piece of pumpkin spice cake drenched in a caramel sauce, with a layer of cream cheese frosting, and topped with even more caramel sauce! Wipe your mouth, your drooling!
Get ready for an out of this world delicious dessert! Apple Caramel Dump Cake Recipe on takes 6 Ingredients! I bet you have most of them in your pantry!