The ultimate fall dessert! A pumpkin spice cake is drizzled with caramel sauce, frosted with a decadent cream cheese frosting and topped with even more caramel sauce! You’ll love every single morsel of this uber moist, delicious cake!
This time of the year seems to be the perfect time for anything pumpkin! So why not make a poke cake? The two go together so perfectly! An easy way to please those you love. I must warn you, after one bite, you won’t be able to stop!
- 1 box, yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 c. canned, pumpkin puree
- 1 c. water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg, whipped cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan with baking spray, set aside.
- Mix together the cake mix,cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, water, eggs and oil stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake at 350 for 30-33 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, and crumb free.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, while it is still hot, poke holes into the cake with the end of a wooden spoon. Heat up a 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce for about 20-30 seconds, just to warm. Pour the warm caramel sauce over the top of the hot cake, making sure to get the majority of the sauce into the holes of the cake. Let the cake cool completely.
- Once the cake is cool, make the cream cheese frosting. Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Add the whipped topping, and fold into the cream cheese mixture. Spread the frosting over the top of the cake, gently pressing the frosting into the holes of the cake. Smooth out evenly.
- Drizzle the top of the cake with the remaining caramel sauce. You can top the cake with your favorite nuts! Refrigerate any leftovers. Enjoy!
love poke cakes?