Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
These are the best pumpkin cinnamon rolls ever. There isn’t much more to say about it, you won’t beat these.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
It’s the fall and nothing says fall like pumpkin. Matthew is an October baby and loves all things pumpkin. I love to give him all the pumpkin things. I’ve been trying to come up with new recipes for his pumpkin cravings.
Cinnamon rolls are my favorite breakfast food and I really should make them more often. These turned out so good the boys ate two rolls each and I didn’t have any leftovers by the end of the day! Clearly I need to work on my roll cutting skills, I’m bad at making them the same size.
For the cinnamon roll dough:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, at room temperature
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- Place the milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat allow to cool to around 110 degrees F. Transfer warm milk and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle yeast on top. Stir pumpkin puree, room temperature egg and melted butter, mixing until smooth and well combined and creamy. Next stir in bread flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt with a wooden spoon until a dough begins to form.
- Place dough hook on mixer and knead dough on low speed for 8-10 minutes. Dough should form into a nice ball and be slightly sticky.
- Transfer dough ball to a large bowl greased with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray, then cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel. Allow dough to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size. This may more or less time depending the humidity and temperature in your home.
- After dough has doubled in size, transfer dough to a well-floured surface and roll out into a 14×16 inch rectangle. Spread softened butter over dough, leaving a ¼ inch margin at the far side of the dough.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Use your hands to sprinkle mixture over the buttered dough, then rub the sugar into the butter.
- Tightly roll dough up the dough, starting from the 14-inch side (the smaller side) and place seam side down making sure to seal the edges of the dough as best you can. You will probably need to cut off about an inch off the ends of the dough as the ends won’t be as full of cinnamon sugar as we’d want it to be. Then cut into 1 inch sections with a serrated knife. You should get 12 rolls.
- Place cinnamon rolls in a greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel and let the cinnamon rolls rise again for about 30 minutes, then preheat your oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and towel and bake the cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes or until just slightly golden brown on the edges. You want to under bake them a little so they stay soft in the middle, that’s why we want them just slightly golden brown. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes before frosting.
- To make the frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, whipping cream and salt. Beat until smooth. Spread over the pumpkin cinnamon rolls and serve!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Did you try our Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
PUMPKIN LOVERS UNITE!
This is an easy recipe to get your pumpkin fix for fall, Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bars are the best of both worlds. Snickerdoodles are one of my most favorite things!
Fall is in the air! Pumpkin Bread Pudding has all the best things of pumpkin and Fall combined! It’s rich and creamy and yummy all in one dish!
Looking for the best pumpkin pancakes ever? Search no further. We love these and it truly gives you all the fall feels.
FALL IS IN THE AIR! Raise your hand if this BRISK weather is bringing you the most joy right now, because it means it’s soup weather! Pumpkin Curry Soup will bring joy to your heart. This recipe is easy, and delicious!
2 thoughts on “Best Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Ever”
I just saw the pumpkin cinnamon rolls on Grandma’s House’s Instagram post. They look sooooo good and the pumpkin bread pudding looks mouth watering. Allyson @ Southern Sunflowers