Crack Chicken Casserole
Are you looking for a weeknight dinner that is full of delicious flavor? Well, you found it! Crack Chicken Casserole is a dish that the whole family will fall in love with! It’s the best chicken dish around!
Life is busy! We all have the best intentions by feeding our family home cooked meals. We all buy the ingredients and make a plan but the honest truth is that life gets in the way!
I used to make casserole’s all the time for my kids when they were younger but got out of the habit. That was a mistake! Casseroles are a moms best friend. You throw everything into a dish and bam you have the best tasting meal ever! It’s even faster now that we have the blessed rotisserie chicken.
VARIATIONS AND ADDITIONS
- Cheddar cheese is our go to for this recipe but you can mix it up by using other cheeses such as: mozzarella, parmesan, or add a little feta.
- I used corn flakes for my topping but you can use what you have in your pantry. Panko, crackers or dried onions are great choices.
- Use the pasta you have in your pantry! I would stay with a smaller pasta but definitely one with a lot of grooves.
- If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken available, you can use canned chicken or 3 cooked chicken breasts.
- You can add veggies! This is a perfect dish to sneak your favorite veggies into.
- 8 slices thick cut bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken
- 2 cups dried small noodles with curves, cooked per directions on box and drained
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 & 1/2 cup corn flakes
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 green onion thinly sliced, garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl, add the bacon, chicken, cooked noodles, ranch, onion, green pepper, 1 cup of the cheddar, sour cream, mayonnaise, and chicken stock, mix to combine fully. Pour into the baking dish. Top with the remaining cheddar. In a small bowl mix together the corn flakes with the butter and top the casserole with this mixture.
Bake for 40-50 minutes until bubbly. Let cool slightly, garnish with optional green onions and serve.
Did you try our Crack Chicken Casserole recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
LET’S HEAR FOR CASSEROLES
Frito Pie Casserole is a family favorite meal made with ground beef, taco seasoning, chili seasoning, cheese, chili beans and Fritos. This is amazing for dinner anytime and everyone will fall in love.
Cowboy Casserole is a delicious and simple to casserole to cook! This tater tot casserole is packed with ground beef, beans, cheese, tomatoes, and corn. Your family ask for this every week!
Amish Country Casserole equals comfort food!! Hamburger, Tomato soup, cream of mushroom, onion, garlic, milk, Worcestershire sauce, pasta and parmesan cheese. Makes this the perfect combination for a successful dinner.