Easy Apple Tart
Need a dessert? This Easy Apple Tart is so easy but over the top yummy! This semi homemade dessert will make the novice to the expert cook the shining star of the night!
There are nights that I just need a dessert but don’t have the time to make something difficult or time consuming. This recipe is the solution to that problem. It takes only minutes to put together and minutes to cook until it hits your table!
This is basically apple pie in its simplest form. The puff pastry helps make the perfect pie!
- I used Granny Smith apples because I love that they aren’t as sweet and it’s a great combination with the sugar. If you don’t have Granny Smith, use what you have!
- You don’t love apples? You can use any fruit that you have to replace the apples.
- Add your favorite nut to the mix!
- We served with Vanilla ice cream but this would be fabulous with whipped cream.
- The perfect apple slice is about 1/4 inch. It allows the apple to stay tender but doesn’t get to the mushy stage.
- I sliced the apples first and put them in the sugar mixture while I prepared the crust. That gives the apples time to soak up all the goodness.
- Puff pastry bakes the best when it’s still cold. So if it’s taking you a minute to get things together, place it in the fridge while you work.
- The apples will release their juices while cooking. So yummy but can make a messy pan! I line my pan with parchment paper.
- 1 package puff pastry sheets, thawed, each cut into half
- 2 apples, cored, halved, and sliced very thin
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the puff pastry rectangles onto the baking pan that have been lined with parchment paper. Add sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, flour and salt to apples. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Arrange apple slices on the pastry rectangles in a straight line, overlapping as you go. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the pan immediately and place on a serving platter. Serve plain, with caramel topping, ice cream, whipped cream, and/or a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Did you try our Easy Apple Tart recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
EASY DESSERTS THAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY
Well Hello Beautiful! This delicious but light dessert is made up of creamy vanilla pudding, bananas and Nilla wafers! This is the recipe the famous Magnolia Bakery uses. This is lip smacking good and will become everyone’s favorite!
An easy, way to make crispy honey butter potato chips at home, and ways to incorporate them into your snacking repertoire.
Snickerdoodle crazy cake is a quick and easy cake that doesn’t require eggs, butter or milk. It doesn’t even need a mixing bowl! What!?! The cake is made with just things that you already have in your pantry.