Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding
Well Hello Beautiful! This delicious but light dessert is made up of creamy vanilla pudding, bananas and Nilla wafers! This is the recipe the famous Magnolia Bakery uses. This is lip smacking good and will become everyone’s favorite!
Every other Sunday, my whole entire family comes over for dinner! That’s over 22 people! I totally love it and it’s a great time to try out new recipes. We are a family full of strong opinions, and believe me when I tell you that they will tell me if they don’t like something. This recipe is a keeper!
It’s true! Some recipes have not made the cut!
I love recipes that look so fancy and taste the same, but come to find out they are so easy to make. I have found that if you put desserts in individual cups for BBQ’s. potlucks or even family dinner, the crowd will pick that dessert every time!
HOW TO KEEP BANANAS FROM BROWNING:
The reason the recipe says to serve within 8 hours is that the bananas will turn brown as they oxidize. There are a couple of things you can do to make not brown as fast:
1) Pick bananas that are barely ripe. If they are slightly green and the stem, those are perfect. These will tend to not brown as fast.
2) Soak them in a small amount of lemon juice. It will give it a slight lemon flavor, so put too much juice on them. You can use water to neutralize the ph and will slow down the browning if you rinse them in water, but the lemon juice is the best.
3) Rinse them with club soda. The advantage here is that it won’t affect the taste. Don’t use tonic as it has a bad taste.
Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups ice cold water
- 1 3.4 ounce box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups bananas sliced
- 1 12 ounce box Nilla Wafers
In a large bowl, combine together the sweetened condensed milk and ice cold water with an mixer. Add the pudding mix and mix until thoroughly combined. Cover pudding and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, This lets your pudding have time to set up properly.
Assemble the pudding: You can use either a large bowl, trifle dish, baking pan, or individual dishes. This is a layering dessert. Start first by adding a layer of Nilla Wafers, followed by sliced bananas, and then pudding. Repeat layers until you reach the top of your dish.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place the assembled dessert in the fridge for 4-8 hours. Top with additional bananas and crumbled Nilla wafers (optional) and serve
Did you try our Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
HERE ARE MORE CRAVE WORTHY DESSERT RECIPES
This Jello Pie is any kids dream! Easy No Bake Recipe is perfect for summer! It will be a hit at any holiday, cookouts, picnics and fun family gatherings!
Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie was inspired by the cult favorite Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. So good!
Springtime is in the air! Nothing is better than Strawberry Slab Pie in the Spring. Fresh strawberries are the perfect filling for this flaky pie crust!