Sourdough Banana Bread
I love me some banana bread and I love sourdough, so why not combine the two? Sourdough Banana bread is the most perfect Banana bread!
I know I make a lot of banana recipes, but you know how kids can be. They want a banana everyday, multiple times a day one week and the next they will never eat a banana again.
With all the over ripe bananas, I have to make something they’ll eat or else what a waste. This bread gives an extra layer of flavor that I’ve never had in banana bread! Give it a try!
Sourdough Banana Bread
- Butter, for coating the pan
- 2 cups overripe bananas (appx. 1 1/2 cups lightly smashed)
- 1 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1½ tsp extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup bubbly, active 100% hydration sourdough starter
- 1 1/3 all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Lightly coat one 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter.
- Add the bananas, sugar, and vanilla to a bowl. Cream with a hand held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated. Add the sourdough starter.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Working in batches, add this to the banana mixture.
- Add the heavy cream and oil and mix until just combined. Do not over do it.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60- 65 minutes, until rich golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cover with foil if the loaf browns too quickly.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you try our Sourdough Banana Bread recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
IS BREAD YOUR JAM? HERE YOU GO!
Cinnamon Swirl Donut Bread is like eating a cinnamon and sugar cake donut but better. This bread easy & delicious and is ready to enjoy in an hour.
This Bread is simple, sweet, and super easy! It’s great for breakfast. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
This easy Chocolate Banana Bread is moist, tender, and a chocolate lover’s dream! It is the BEST banana bread recipe.
This is The Best Carrot Bread Cake you’ll ever make. It’s soft and FULL of carrot cake flavor with a delicious cream cheese frosting!
I know Carrot Cake has normally deemed dessert but since it’s in loaf form, I also call this a breakfast recipe. Yes?