Now you can make your favorite beef stroganoff in a whole new way! One pan, less dishes, less time but with the same delicious goodness!
Love is in the air
Ever since I got married I have been making different variations of stroganoff. It just feels like home! The creamy goodness of the sauce combined with hearty noodles make such a good meal for a family!
It’s not hard to make, I just want to find ways to make my life a little easier in the kitchen.
That’s why this skillet stroganoff is a perfect option. It only took me 30 minutes to make, and it takes just as good.
WHAT MEAT SHOULD I USE?
I used ground beef and I use that a lot because I have it in the freezer. I but you can use any cut of steak, just to make it a little more fancy. Make sure you slice it against the grain before cooking.
WHAT’S IN THE SAUCE?
Stroganoff sauce is a creamy gravy-style sauce, with beef stock as it’s base. It’s commonly flavored with other ingredients such as sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard. In this recipe, I’ve used sour cream but you can use Greek yogurt as well.
NO SOUR CREAM? WHAT ELSE CAN I USE?
You can use vegan sour cream, yogurt, heavy cream or even milk. If you using milk or cream, you’ll want to use a little less than the amount of sour cream the recipe.
MY SAUCE IS TOO THIN, WHAT DO I DO?
You can always thicken the Stroganoff sauce by using flour, but you could also substitute cornstarch. Mix the flour or cornstarch in a separate cup with a little water before adding it to your sauce. This way you won’t get lumps in your sauce.
- 1 12 ounce package egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, adjust to taste
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. When they are cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef, breaking it up into pieces as it cooks.
- Add the onions to the pan and sauté, stirring frequently, until translucent and soft – about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the beef and onion, stirring to evenly coat and allow the flour to absorb oil.
- Add the beef broth, sour cream, Dijon, Worcestershire, and beef bouillon to the pan. Stir until combined, and allow the sauce to simmer until thickened.
- Toss the noodles to coat evenly with the sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper and garnish with parsley before serving.
Did you try our Skillet Stroganoff? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
MORE SKILLET DINNER RECIPES
Store-bought tortellini are the star of this quick and creamy weeknight meal. They simmer in their own sauce, making this a one-skillet meal with easy cleanup. Try one-inch pieces of Italian sausage instead of chicken for a variation.
If you have noticed, I’m having a love affair with one-pan meals! Skillet Chicken Enchilada Bake is about as fast as any human can make a really good dish.
Skillet Taco Delight! Do you ever have one of those nights, when dinner time rolls around and you haven’t thought once about what you’re going to make? It seems like that happens to me almost every night of the week.
It made me start thinking that I needed to find super simple recipes that I can make for my family that look like I have been preparing all week.
4 thoughts on “Skillet Stroganoff”
Sounds easy and delicious. My two favorite things!
love this and i need to try