A quick and creamy weeknight meal. The chicken and pasta soaks in their own sauce, making this a one-skillet meal the star of the night.
It’s been a while since we’ve prepared an entire dinner in one skillet and I am excited to share with you this dish. A couple of years ago I posted this one skillet Lasagna and after it’s debut it has become one of my families favorite. This dish is equally easy, and tasty dish.
- I always use minced garlic instead of a garlic powder because it gives your dish new level.
- This is such a rich and creamy dish that serving sizes will probably be smaller. I suggest serving it with a green salad to balance out the meal.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- salt , to taste
- 18 ounces frozen or dry cheese tortellini
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the heavy cream, butter, garlic, cream cheese, nutmeg, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, Mozzarella and 1 teaspoon salt in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally, until the cheese and butter are melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tortellini and simmer until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the chicken and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Bake until the chicken is just cooked through, the sauce has thickened and the top starts to turn golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Did you try our Skillet Chicken Tortellini Alfredo? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
HERE ARE A FEW MORE SKILLET RECIPES
One Pan Chicken with Mushrooms and Orzo! In just 30 minutes you can have this delicious ONE PAN MEAL ready and on the table! Using easy to use Orzo pasta that cooks up in a flash!
Now you can make everyone’s favorite stroganoff in ONE PAN with ground beef! No-fuss + budget-friendly with the quickest clean-up!
If you have noticed, I’m having a love affair with one-pan meals! Skillet Chicken Enchilada Bake is about as fast as any human can make a really good dish.