One Pan Chicken with Mushrooms and Orzo! In just 30 minutes you can have this delicious ONE PAN MEAL ready and on the table! Using easy to use Orzo pasta that cooks up in a flash!
Orzo is one of those kinds of pasta that people seem to forget about, in fact, I had never tried it before. Sometimes orzo is mistaken for being a type of rice because of its shape and size, I assure you though, it’s pasta.
One Pan Chicken with Mushrooms and Orzo is a great dinner to make when you’ve got a busy day or evening and not much time to dedicate to cooking. It’s also an ideal meal for those of you who hate washing lots of dishes, myself included.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bunches of green onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3-4 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Season chicken with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 6-8 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add mushrooms and green onions, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock and Dijon, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in orzo; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in spinach, Mozzarella, and heavy cream until the spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.