Here’s my attempt at being a little more healthy. Oven Roasted Zucchini was the best!
Like I’ve said, I’m trying to eat more vegetables. Matt tells me we never eat veggies which is not true, but now that I’m cutting out the bread and potatoes he’s dying. However, I feel better and I know that he does too, but carbs have been our life. We needed to be better. It’s hard to not eat crap when you are full time work and full time mom and everything else. Planning is the key.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss zucchini slices in a Ziploc bag with olive oil, seasoning, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and top with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil, place pan near the top and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is browned and zucchini is tender crisp.