Baked Tortellini is loaded with cheese tortellini, ground beef, marinara sauce, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese for an effortless pasta dinner that the whole family will love!
Does anyone else ever get stuck in a dinner rut? Well, this beefy, cheesy Baked Tortellini is here to save you!
I think we all get in the rut one time or another! I love easy recipes that taste amazing and this totally fits the bill!
HOW TO MAKE BAKED TORTELLINI
- Combine browned ground beef and your favorite jarred pasta sauce. Or you could certainly substitute homemade marinara if you happen to have some on hand.
- To up the vitamin intake, you can even get sneaky and add some finely grated zucchini (or other veggies) to the meat sauce . But shhhh…just don’t tip off my kids (or my hubby) that I do this. 😉
- Toss in some cheese tortellini (I use frozen) and a bit of freshly grated mozzarella and cream cheese.
- Pour everything into a baking dish. Top with more cheese and pop in the oven until hot and bubbly!
Baked Tortellini Variations:
- Try it with different cheeses! Mascarpone cheese is an excellent choice, or switch the regular mozzarella to smoked mozzarella for some extra flavor.
- Add fresh chopped spinach when stirring the pasta and marinara together for some extra nutrition.
- Substitute sausage for the beef, if desired.
- Cottage cheese makes a great ricotta substitute!
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 24 ounces marinara
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
Cook the tortellini for 1 minute less than the package directions state.
While the tortellini is cooking, add the ground beef to a large, deep skillet over medium heat and cook until browned. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Drain the fat from the skillet.
Add the marinara to the beef and simmer for 10 minutes.
Drain the tortellini and add to the skillet with the beef and marinara and stir to combine.
Add the cream cheese, ricotta, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to a small mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
Pour half of the the tortellini mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with the cream cheese mixture. Add the remaining tortellini and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
DID YOU TRY THIS Baked Tortellini? DID YOU LOVE IT? WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
LOVE PASTA? WE GOT YOU!
Everyone Loves This Bow Tie Sausage Pasta Recipe! Not Only Is It Easy, Cheesy, And Delicious, But It Is A Hit With The Entire Family And You Can Make It Mild Or Spicy Depending On Your Preferences.
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is a dinner winner with its creamy Cajun sauce and bites of tender pasta and chicken. It’s one of the easiest dinners, ready in less than 30 minutes.
Ravioli Lasagna is the easiest and most flavorful baked ravioli you’ll ever make! This comfort food lasagna casserole is a total crowd pleaser!
Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! I’m not a straight marinara sauce lover, but I have found if I put a little cream into the sauce, I’m as happy as a clam!
The other night, we were making dinner and this is what we came up with, Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! We used the tomatoes that we had bottled last Fall and we had the rest of the ingredients in the pantry. A win, win!