We love fresh garden tomatoes so that we can make homemade marinara! We love Italian food at our house!
We love spaghetti at our house! In fact, it’s one of Greyson’s and Matt’s favorite meals! We probably have spaghetti way too often. Toddlers are picky! Matt is always trying to find the most authentic and natural marinara sauces. Homemade marinara is the only way to go!
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 5 – 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 8 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and butter and heat until almost simmering.
- Add the garlic, stirring a few times around in the pot. Then, quickly add the onion powder red pepper flakes, basil, and oregano.
- Stir a few times and allow the herbs to bloom.
- Add parmesan cheese and brown sugar, then quickly dump in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water.
- Stir to combine and bring to a light boil.
- Turn the heat down to low season to taste and allow to simmer for 1 to 2 hours for ultimate flavor or use immediately if needed.
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is a dinner winner with its creamy cajun sauce and bites of tender pasta and chicken. It’s one of the easiest dinners, ready in less than 30 minutes.
Asparagus Beef Pasta
What’s on your dinner menu tonight? Asparagus Beef Pasta is a winner for dinner.
I’m not a straight marinara sauce lover, but I have found if I put a little cream into the sauce, I’m as happy as a clam! The other night, we were making dinner and this is what we came up with, Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! We used the tomatoes that we had bottled last Fall and we had the rest of the ingredients in the pantry. A win, win!