KETO EGG ROLL BOWL
Keto Egg Roll Bowl is a quick and easy one-pot meal, that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s also amazing for meal prep because it just tastes better and better as the days go on.
Lisa, my daughter, has been doing keto on and off for the past year. It has been easy for her because she loves meat! But after a while, you do grow tired of just eating the same old things!
We love Chinese food about a week ago and I had a light bulb moment! How yummy would it be if you did this as a keto-friendly recipe? I don’t care if you are doing keto or not, you will absolutely love this!
Yes! This recipe has crunch!!! We found out if you deep fry a carb balance tortilla, you can make the best crunchy strips! I know, right? You are drooling!
WHAT IS AN EGG ROLL IN A BOWL?
I just had an egg roll about a week ago… this version of the egg roll is amazing in a bowl. All of the flavor of egg rolls but without the fried wrapper! This dish features everything you love about egg rolls, but cooked in a skillet and served in a bowl without the wrapper. You can add the crunchy or eat it without.
This dish has so much to offer. It’s nutrient-dense, easy, delicious, and tastes so much like egg rolls that you know and love. Trust me, you’re going to love it just as much as the classic, if not more.
Keto Egg Roll Bowl
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- carb balance tortilla, cut in strips and deep-fried
- sriracha, for serving
Keto Egg Roll Bowl
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the skillet and then add the chicken and warm the meat.
- When the chicken is heated, add the coleslaw, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes to soften the cabbage.
- Press the cabbage mixture over to the side of the skillet and add the remaining teaspoon of oil to the empty portion of the skillet. Crack in the eggs. Scramble the eggs until cooked through. Stir the eggs into the cabbage mixture.
- If you are adding the carb balance strips, you can deep fry them in a fryer or heat up oil in a frying pan and fry them that way. It only takes a few minutes
- Stir in the green onions and drizzle with the sesame oil.
- Serve with a drizzle of sriracha, if desired.
Are Carrots Keto Friendly?
This is one of my favorite questions to answer! Of course, carrots are keto-friendly! Now if you sit down and eat an entire bunch of them you might go over your daily allotment of carbs in which case THAT is something you may need to consider. But carrots themselves? Have at’ em!
Besides, this keto egg roll in a bowl dish has minimal carrots anyway. Just enough to enjoy!
If you are struggling with this idea, I invite you to take a few moments and read Keto Weight Loss and Inflammation where we dive into the “That’s Not Keto” topic.
What to Serve with Gluten-Free Egg Roll in a Bowl?
The nice thing is that you don’t have to serve ANYTHING with it if you don’t want to. It is a complete meal all on its own.
But if you have growing kiddos at home that have never-ending stomachs as mine do, then a nice Keto Strawberry & Cream Ice Cream will go nicely.