We love Baby Dutch Pancakes at our house, but I don’t make them often enough. These are fun and delicious, fluffy pancakes for the win.
Matt loves to make them, he says his dad used to make them when he was a little boy. I remember when my dad made baby dutch pancakes when we were little, they were so fun and yummy.
We made these on Christmas morning and they were so easy and very little mess which was a bonus!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF, and put your pan into the oven to heat up while you prepare the batter.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar in an electric mixer until light and frothy. Whisk in the milk, flour, vanilla, salt, and beat until you have a smooth but thin batter.
- Wearing a thick oven mitt, remove the pan from the oven and put the butter carefully into the hot pan or tin and swirl it to melt, then quickly pour in the batter and return it to the oven.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 18–20 minutes.