Creamy Potato Soup
Creamy Potato Soup is what you want for dinner tonight, trust me. This soup was a huge hit in our family!
I love fall with all the leaves, temperature, and soups! This year it has felt like Spring, summer, more summer, and now the end of fall. The cold weather is finally coming and bring on the soups! This soup was so easy and super delicious! Give it a try!
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 29 oz chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 8 oz original Velveeta, cubed
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally; drain drippings. Add vegetables, seasonings, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- You can also put it in the crockpot on high for 3 hours and then do the directions below.
- Mix flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. If desired, serve with green onions.
All of the goodness of cheesy nachos packed right into this soup! Cooked to perfection and topped with tortilla chips, this soup will become an instant favorite!
This easy, creamy chicken pasta soup with spinach recipe is simple to make using just a few common ingredients. So delicious, and ready in only 20 minutes!
Served piping hot with a hunk of crusty bread, this creamy, nourishing butternut squash soup recipe is a fall comfort food at its best.