When life gives you lemons, you should definitely make lemon brownies!
Lemon Brownies are so good you just can’t stop eating them. Like, we ate the whole pan in one day, I am almost embarrassed to say.
I would be more embarrassed if they weren’t so good! I have always loved lemon stuff, lemon everything. These are the best trust me.
- 1 cup of all-purpose white pastry flour
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- The zest of 2 lemons + 2 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping cup of powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
- zest and juice of one large lemon
- Now that you have everything gathered, preheat your oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8-inch cake pan with aluminum foil. Make sure to leave 2 to 3 inches of excess foil sticking up above the sides of the pan. This way you can use it to lift the brownies from the pan after they’re done.
- Next, zest your lemons. The next thing you’ll do is add all of your ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl. After you’ve added the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, eggs, yogurt, oil, and lemon zest to the bowl, cut open one of the lemons and squeeze the juice until you have at least 2 tablespoons.
- Mix together everything in the bowl for about 30 seconds. You want the batter to have a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Once you do, go ahead and pour the batter directly into your foil-covered baking pan. Push the batter into the corners.
- Put the lemon brownies in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. While they are in the oven to make the glaze.
- Pour the powdered sugar and 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice in a bowl and stir together until a smooth glaze forms. Add in the zest.
- Allow them to cool off for about 10 minutes, then pull up on the foil. Peel off the foil.
- Then, drizzle your lemon icing over the top of it to spread it all over the top of the brownies, allowing it to run down all the sides.
2 thoughts on “Lemon Brownies”
YUM! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 17. Shared.
These look delicious . Thanks for sharing. Pinning for later