Keto Creamy Cauliflower Chowder
Our Keto Creamy Cauliflower Chowder is a smooth, creamy and delicious. It makes a great low carb lunch or dinner.
The beauty of soups is that they can be made well ahead of time in larger batches and reheated whenever you need them.
My favorite part of this creamy cauliflower soup is that it’s loaded with flavor. The combination of cream, cheese, bacon, and cauliflower is just a perfect combination. I promise that kids will love it as much as adults.
They won’t even know that they are eating their veggies. This keto cauliflower soup is quite similar to potato leek soup because it has a thick and creamy texture.
Making recipes like this makes it so much easier for my husband to stick to his diet but it also makes it easy to feed my 17-year old that’s not on the Keto diet.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 diced Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup diced Carrots
- 1 Whole Head of Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
- Melted butter to drizzle and cooked bacon for topping
- In a dutch oven or soup pot, heat butter and add onions and garlic. Saute for a few minutes till the onions are soft.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, vegetable broth, pepper, oregano and salt to the pot. Bring this to a boil, and slow the heat down to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or so till the cauliflower is tender.
- Take off the stove top and using a blender, blend the soup partly in the soup pot. If you don’t have a hand blender, pour half the soup into a blender and pulse a few tips till creamy.
- Place back on the stove top and add a cup of water or broth along with the cream cheese and Mozzarella cheese. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and turn off the burner. Feel free to thin the soup further if you like with some more broth or milk. Drizzle with melted butter and bacon and serve hot.
Easy Keto Bread