I’m trying to eat healthier but when you want Alfredo you make it Skinny Alfredo.
I’m trying to eat healthy, it’s super hard when your husband goes to Costco once or twice a week and comes home with large bags of Kit Kats! They are my absolute favorite candy bar. I wanted to kick his butt, but what can you do! I made this for dinner last night and we all loved it! Even Grey ate it and we have been trying to find new foods to get him to eat! Give this recipe a try!
- 12 oz whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Shredded Parmesan
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over evenly, then stir and cook until the mixture is lightly golden.
- Very gradually add broth in while whisking, 2 tablespoons at a time, waiting for the mixture to become completely smooth before adding more broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then gradually stream in milk while whisking. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan before serving.
Asparagus Beef Pasta
9 thoughts on “Easy Skinny Alfredo”
I would have never guessed that those were whole wheat noodles this looked so good and greek yogurt , geez thanks for providing this recipe for those who love pasta but need a better alternative.
I am in love with pasta & alfredo sauce! But I always feel horribly guilty eating it as it’s so bad for you. I will absolutely have to give this a try!
I love a huge plate of alfredo but not all the calories. I would love to give this skinny version a try!
This looks very tasty!
Yumm! this looks so delicious
This looks so good! It’s fast to grab all ingredients to make this, thank you for the nice recipe!
I love alfredo and am also trying to eat healthy so I will give it a try! Visiting from the hearth and soul link up. laurensparks.net
Looks tasty! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 14, open until July 26. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.
Oh, this looks wonderful. I’m on Weight Watchers and have been missing alfredo! I’ve featured it today at the TFT link party. 🙂