I’m trying to eat healthier but when you want Alfredo you make it Skinny Alfredo.
I’m trying to eat healthy, it’s super hard when your husband goes to Costco once or twice a week and comes home with large bags of Kit Kats! They are my absolute favorite candy bar. I wanted to kick his butt, but what can you do! I made this for dinner last night and we all loved it! Even Grey ate it and we have been trying to find new foods to get him to eat! Give this recipe a try!
- 12 oz whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Shredded Parmesan
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over evenly, then stir and cook until the mixture is lightly golden.
- Very gradually add broth in while whisking, 2 tablespoons at a time, waiting for the mixture to become completely smooth before adding more broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then gradually stream in milk while whisking. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan before serving.