What’s on your dinner menu tonight? Asparagus Beef Pasta is a winner for dinner.
We have been stocking up on several things, one of which is ground beef. We have decided to make dinner out of the things we have been buying and the pantry. Sometimes pasta can leave me feeling gross and this recipe did not. It was super good and not really rich. We love asparagus at our house, and we are always trying to find new ways to use it. I love roasted asparagus but I never have used it in pasta and never with ground beef. This recipe was so good, Matt went back for seconds. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 uncooked bowtie pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese to taste
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add asparagus; continue cooking 3 to 4 or until pasta and asparagus are tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Brown the ground beef, breaking into crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off the drippings.
- Heat oil in the same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onions and garlic; cook 3 or 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Add beef; toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine beef mixture with pasta and asparagus in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.