I found a one pot veggie fajita pasta recipe at Baker by Nature
and tweaked it a little into this because my husband Ben loves Enchiladas. Let’s just say it is definitely going to be more than just a one time meal, it was soo good! The flavors go so well together and it was pretty simple to make. Just looking at the picture makes me want to cook it again!
The dish is vegetarian, but you can easily add in some sort of meat. It is creamy and healthy so you get the best of both worlds!
- 16 ounces linguine
- (1) 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- (1) 8 oz container vegetable stock
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 large (or two small) red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 sprigs cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup Full-Fat Greek yogurt (optional, makes it creamy)
- Limes, for serving
- In a VERY large pot (preferably heavy bottomed) combine linguini, tomatoes, stock, enchilada sauce, onion, garlic, red and green peppers, red-pepper flakes, cilantro, oil, salt, cumin, chili powder, oregano, pepper, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently, until pasta is cooked and the sauce has nearly evaporated, about 11 minutes. It may look like a lot of sauce when you remove the pan from heat, but don’t worry it will magically soak into the pasta! Remove cilantro sprigs if visible.
- Stir in the greek yogurt.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime for squeezing. Serve at once!