Beef and Broccoli Quinoa Dinner was the perfect dinner the other night when we were in a hurry. We love Chinese food in our house.
We are always looking for healthy alternatives to our favorite meals. This one really was the perfect thing for our family. It was so easy it only took me about 45 minutes start to finish, now that includes helping a toddler running around saying mom a million times. Beef and Broccoli is one of our favorite meals to eat, and I love rice. I know that quinoa is more healthy so this was a perfect dinner for us!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 10 oz lean ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked quinoa ( I cooked mine in beef broth)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until it begins to soften about 2 minutes. Add ground beef and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often and breaking up the beef until beef is fully cooked on the outside about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally until broccoli is al dente, about 4 minutes.
- Add quinoa and parsley and cook, stirring, until heated through.
Looking for Healthy?