This week, I’m continuing my mission to find yummy delicious low-carb food. You know when you change your way of thinking it’s really not that hard.
You need to try this healthy Loaded Cauliflower Mash! It’s filled with butter, sour cream, chives, cheese mixture and topped off with bacon!
This is the ultimate comfort food! I promise, your kids will eat this without complaint! Happy mom and happy kids!
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated Mexican cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/3 cup snipped chives
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and add them to a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with cling film. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, depending on your microwave, until completely cooked and tender. Drain the excess water and let sit uncovered for a minute or two.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor and process until fluffy. Add the butter, garlic powder, and sour cream and process until it resembles the consistency of mashes potatoes. Remove the mashed cauliflower to a bowl and add most of the chives, saving some to add to the top later. Add the Mexican blend cheese and mix by hand. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the loaded cauliflower with a handful of cheese, remaining chives and bacon. Put back into the microwave to melt the cheese or place the cauliflower under the broiler for a few minutes.
Side Dish Idea?
13 thoughts on “Loaded Cauliflower Mash”
Yum, this look delicious!
Looks so good! And such a nice way to cut down on carbs. (post #125)
Oh my goodness; that looks amazing! I am totally adding this to our menu to try. Pinned.
It’s so good! Thanks for stopping by!
I am going to make this! It looks delish and hubby and I love cauliflower! Great low carb food!
seriously! you will love it!
This sounds awesome! And it really is perfect for a low-carb diet. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen
I love what you did with this Cauliflower Mash! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week.
This looks so good! What a great way to enjoy a healthier loaded mash. Sharing on the H&S Facebook page. Thank you for sharing, and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. I hope you are having a lovely weekend! The party is back on Monday, i hope to see you there!
Very good, I would substitute bacon with something kosher.
Thanks for sharing!
let me know what you substitute the bacon for, I might want to try it!