Loaded Cauliflower Mash
This week, I’m continuing my mission to find yummy delicious low-carb food. You know when you change your way of thinking it’s really not that hard.
You need to try this healthy Loaded Cauliflower Mash! It’s filled with butter, sour cream, chives, cheese mixture and topped off with bacon!
This is the ultimate comfort food! I promise, your kids will eat this without complaint! Happy mom and happy kids!
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated Mexican cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/3 cup snipped chives
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and add them to a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with cling film. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, depending on your microwave, until completely cooked and tender. Drain the excess water and let sit uncovered for a minute or two.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor and process until fluffy. Add the butter, garlic powder, and sour cream and process until it resembles the consistency of mashes potatoes. Remove the mashed cauliflower to a bowl and add most of the chives, saving some to add to the top later. Add the Mexican blend cheese and mix by hand. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the loaded cauliflower with a handful of cheese, remaining chives and bacon. Put back into the microwave to melt the cheese or place the cauliflower under the broiler for a few minutes.
Side Dish Idea?