Classic colorful Deep Dish fruit pizza on a soft sugar cookie crust and topped with creamy, thick cream cheese frosting.
We have a lot of family of birthdays to celebrate in May and May is the beginning of all that beautiful fresh fruit in the stores. Cassie loves chocolate-covered strawberries for her birthday celebration. Jessica usually wants to try something new. We can’t have the same dessert for every celebration so we have to come with new ideas for each special person. Plus, we are getting all ready for family BBQ’s, hopefully, we will be able to do that soon!
This is such a quick and easy recipe and you will love it! So fresh and great for any family celebration.
This is one of our earliest recipes on the blog! This is so darn good in such a devilish good way! You can make the crust and frost it with the frosting and then let everyone top their own piece with their favorite fruit or prepare it all beforehand and surprise your guests!
1 1/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons milk
4 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 jar (13 ounces) Marshmallow Creme
2 packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups cool whip
Your favorite fruit, anything goes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Mix the milk in the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend this into the cream mixture. Cover with wax paper and refrigerate for one hour.
- Press dough into a sheet cake pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until dough is cooked and golden brown, not overly crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Whip together marshmallow creme, cream cheese, and cool whip until light and fluffy. Spread onto the cooled crust, then decorate the top with your sliced fruit.