Craving banana bread but it’s too hot outside? You can make this banana bread without the heat. Easy Crockpot Banana Bread Recipe is full of the flavor that you crave but a new way to cook it!
Who knew you can cook banana bread in your slow cooker! When I saw that it was possible, I had to give it a try. The only issue I had was getting my pan to fit perfectly in my slow cooker.
Have some fun and add a few little new ingredients to jazz it up! You could add nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, or be a purist.
I used a 6-quart crockpot and I put a smaller pan on the bottom and then place the regular pan on top.
Easy Crockpot Banana Bread
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Raw sugar, for topping
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium, until the butter begins to brown and have a nutty aroma. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the browned butter, brown sugar, yogurt, vanilla and eggs and stir until just smooth.
- 4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine. Do not overmix! Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- 5. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle some raw sugar over the top.
- 6. Gently place loaf pan into slow cooker insert and cover. Cook on high for 2 hours and then on low for 1½ hours. Check to make sure bread is done by inserting a toothpick into the middle; if it comes out clean, it is done!
Did you try this Easy Crockpot Banana Bread? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you!
More yummy bread!
This is the BEST Carrot Bread Cake you’ll ever make. It’s soft and FULL of carrot cake flavor with a delicious cream cheese frosting!
I know Carrot Cake has normally deemed dessert but since it’s in loaf form, I also call this a breakfast recipe. Yes?
I have always loved Poppy Seed Muffins and I love dessert bread. Put them together and you have a delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Bread! It’s a perfect and easy way to make a delicious dessert. It’s basically a no-fail dessert!
This easy Chocolate Banana Bread is moist, tender, and a chocolate lover’s dream! It is the BEST banana bread recipe.