Raspberry Lemonade Bars
Raspberry Lemonade Bars screams Spring! The mixture of fresh raspberries and tangy lemon, you can’t go wrong. They are an easy, yummy, and out of this world bar!
I’m getting pretty excited about the warm weather and the fresh fruit that comes with it. My daughter, Lisa, is always telling me to buy raspberries and then she doesn’t eat them. I hate to let them go to waste and this time it didn’t happen.
I love my lemon in my Diet Coke but I don’t usually love lemon desserts. I know, what’s wrong with me? But the amount of love that I found for these Raspberry Lemonade Bars is over the top. It’s the perfect combination of fudgy texture like a brownie and the tartness of the lemon and raspberries will leave you speechless.
Yes, it’s the perfect dessert for Summer but take my word, it will get you singing show tunes right now.
Raspberry Lemonade Bars
- 1 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Large Egg Whites
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- 1 cup Frozen Raspberries, chopped in half , not thawed
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, with an overhang so you can lift the bars out, or grease the pan well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder .
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Gently fold in the chopped, frozen raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Do not over bake the bars or they may be a bit dry.
- Gently pull out the bars by using the parchment paper, from the pan and let them cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and the lemon juice until well combined.
- Drizzle it all over the cooled bars in the pan and then spread it with a knife to completely cover the bars with a thin layer of glaze.
looking for desserts?