Sheet Pan Chocolate Cake
This sheet pan chocolate cake will blow your socks off! Filled with chocolate goodness and covered with buttercream icing will become your families favorite!
We started a tradition several years ago to have our grown kids and their families over for Sunday dinner. Since Jessica lives in Cedar City, we don’t get them as often as the rest of the family. This past Sunday we had all 22 members of our family for dinner. It’s the best! The only problem is making sure we have enough food for the crowd. Several of the grandkids will only eat certain foods but most of them love dessert! What kid doesn’t?
This situation called for a sheet pan chocolate cake! I love this recipe because you have most of the ingredients in your pantry, and it’s super easy to make! Not to mention, it will feed a huge crowd!
You could just get a cake mix from the store but let’s be honest, homemade is better! There’s something so inviting about a super moist chocolate cake smothered in the chocolate frosting! It almost makes your heart stop at the thought!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cocoa powder
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, whipped
- pinch of salt
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Lightly grease a large, rimmed baking sheet/half sheet pan (about 11X17-inches). Set aside.
- For the cake, in a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter and water. Whisk in the cocoa. Bring the mixture to a boil. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cake is evenly baked and springs back lightly to the touch (watch closely; your oven may cook hotter and the cake may need even less time).
- While the cake bakes, make the frosting. In a medium bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt. Add the cocoa and the powdered sugar gradually until the frosting is smooth .
- Pour the frosting over the cake and spread evenly. Garnish with your favorite nut!
ORANGE CREAMSICLE POKE CAKE
Moist Banana Cake
Peanut Butter Cake