There is something so inviting when peanut butter is involved! We have been lovers of our peanut butter cookies for years and I wanted to expand our horizon. Making a dessert in the middle of the week is a rare occasion but I decided to surprise my husband! I have told you guys several times that my hubby is really honest when I make something new for the blog and sometimes things just don’t make the cut. This one did! He couldn’t stop eating eat because it was so good!
This is a great cake for your family or any parties that are coming up for the holidays! It is so light and moist that it almost melts in your mouth!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (12 tablespoons) sticks butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine 1 1/2 sticks butter, butter crisco, and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir to make sure all butter is melted.
- Whisk 1/2 cup peanut butter into butter mixture. Stir into flour mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- To make frosting: use an mixer to beat butter and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Add half of powdered sugar and half of milk and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, milk and the vanilla pudding mix and beat until smooth. Add a little more milk if necessary. Garnish with chopped peanuts
Thanks for Stopping By!