Is your life crazy right now? This is a perfect meal for Summer. Chicken and Asparagus Skillet is made from chicken breast, asparagus, and will leave your heart singing!
One-pan meals happen at my house a lot! It’s hot outside, so I want to be in and out of the kitchen as fast as I can. The best thing is that there are so many fresh ingredients to make such delicious meals!
Ever since Mike has started his healthy journey, I want to make sure I make dishes that are so incredible that he doesn’t feel like he is being punished. This dish is perfect! Healthy journey folks will love it and the rest of the family will also do the happy dance!
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- black pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and soy sauce.
- In a second small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine.
- Heat a large skilletover medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
- Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well, when it simmers return the chicken and asparagus to the wok and mix well, remove from heat and serve.
- This can be served over rice or cauliflower rice