Beef and Broccoli Skillet
The next time you’re craving takeout, make our homemade beef and broccoli skillet instead. This recipe is super easy and homemade is always better!
I have been in kind of a slump. It’s hot outside, I want to play but I don’t want to clean and cook, but my family still needs to eat so I came to a compromise. Create easy meals that taste better than what you can buy at your local food place. Really this will only take you minutes to make and even if your not an expert cook, you will look like one!
- 2/3 c. soy sauce, divided
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- salt & black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak, sliced thinly against grain
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Sriracha (optional)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1/3 cup soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch until combined. Add steak, season with salt and pepper, and toss until steak is coated. Marinate 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add steak in a single layer, working in batches if needed, and cook until seared, about 2 minutes per side. Remove steak and set aside.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until garlic is coated, then stir in broth, remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, remaining 1/3 cup soy sauce, and Sriracha. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add broccoli and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper (if necessary), then return steak to skillet.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions before serving.
- You can serve it like it is or over rice or cauliflower rice