Beef and Broccoli Skillet
Craving takeout? Make our homemade beef and broccoli skillet instead. This recipe is super easy and homemade is always better!
Do you ever feel like you are the same dinner night after night? I get that way and then I go crazy and want to try a new recipe every night. It’s hard to want to cook when it’s so hot outside and all you want to do is enjoy Summer!
This recipe is your solution! It comes together so easy in just one pan! It’s delicious and you have less dishes!
- 2/3 c. soy sauce, divided
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- salt & black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak, sliced thinly against grain
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Sriracha (optional)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1/3 cup soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch until combined. Add steak, season with salt and pepper, and toss until steak is coated. Marinate 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add steak in a single layer, working in batches if needed, and cook until seared, about 2 minutes per side. Remove steak and set aside.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until garlic is coated, then stir in broth, remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, remaining 1/3 cup soy sauce, and Sriracha. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add broccoli and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper (if necessary), then return steak to skillet.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions before serving.
- You can serve it like it is or over rice or cauliflower rice