Every Sunday we are so blessed to have our older kids for dinner. Of course, it’s a perfect day to try new things for the blog! Having so many great cooks and different tastes at my dinner table, I get a lot opinions about the dishes I make.
Seriously, this one got two thumbs up from everyone! The chicken in so tender and juicy and the dish is full of veggies. The great thing is that you make the whole dish in one skillet!
8 chicken thighs
Smoked paprika, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
3 Tablespoons salted butter, divided
3 garlic cloves
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
juice one lemon
1 cup diced carrots
1 small carton sliced mushrooms
2 cups baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a large Dutch oven skillet on a medium heat. Add chicken, and sear both sides until golden brown, it was about 5 minutes for us; place chicken on a plate.
- Melt remaining Tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until it smells yummy, about 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, cheese, and lemon juice. in a bowl, mix the corn starch with the chicken stock until smooth and then pour into the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, stir in the mushrooms, carrots, and the spinach. Let simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has thickened a little, about 5 minutes. Now put the chicken back into the skillet.
- Place the skillet into the oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes.