It has been so gorgeous outside—that it calls for dinner under the stars. If you have an hour, you can whip up the most perfect meal to eat on a warm night: skillet roast chicken with peaches, tomatoes, and red onion. And did we mention you’ll have only one pan to clean? Let me introduce you to Roasted Chicken with Peaches & Tomatoes!
I love cooking with fresh ingredients in the Summer! It just takes every dish to a different level! This is perfect for a weekday meal or fancy enough for date night!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 pieces chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 3 peaches, cut into thick wedges
- 3 tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 1 red onions, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, diced
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter to the hot pan. In a pie tin combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in flour mixture. I like to let it rest for a few minutes before cooking then the coating sticks better.
- 3. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until golden brown on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- 4. Add the peaches to the pan and sear until browned on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the peaches from pan. Repeat with the tomatoes, and then remove them from the pan.
- 5. Add the red onions to the pan and saute until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and then return the chicken to the pan.
- 6. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until the chicken is fully cooked, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the peaches and tomatoes to the pan and cook 5 to 8 minutes more.
- 7. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.