I have always been a love of pork chops! At least for me, I have a hard time finding recipes for pork chops. This recipe has combined two of my loves! Pork chops are delicious and then you throw it on the sheet pan and my life is complete! Why did we just start doing sheet pan dinners? Maybe it’s just me but they are so easy and I can’t believe the flavor. Let me introduce the breaded pork chop sheet pan dinner! You will love it!
It’s true, you can go to the store and get a mix to cover your chops but nothing compares to homemade! I have never added apple to my sheet pan dinners before but it brings so much flavor to your pork chops and broccoli. You will be happy because you won’t be spending hours in the kitchen. Plus, your kids will be eating their veggies.
- 4 (8-ounce) pork chops, bone-in, 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick
- salt and freshly black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Panko
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
FOR THE BROCCOLI AND APPLES
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- 1 green apple, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, apple, olive oil, brown sugar, and rosemary; season with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In another large bowl, combine Panko, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, parsley, paprika and vegetable oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working one at a time, dip pork chops into the egg mixture, then dredge in the Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place pork chops onto the prepared baking sheet; place broccoli mixture around pork chops.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Turn pork chops over, and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the pork is completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately.