Let me introduce you to the perfect Summer meal, one pan balsamic chicken! There is hardly any prep time but tons of flavor! The added bonus is how healthy it is for your family. I have been searching and working on recipes that won’t take much time but are pleasing to my family and this fits the bill. Who wants to be in a hot kitchen in the Summer?
I have a picky eater at my house it is so hard to get her to eat anything different or than tuna, steak, and hamburgers but she actually loved this!
- 6 tablespoons basalmic vinegar
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1.5 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 to 8 baby potatoes- sliced in half
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large tray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and zesty Italian dressing.
- Place 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture in a large bag and add the chicken tenders. Coat and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower into small pieces.In a bowl, toss broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes and carrots with Italian seasoning, olive oil, garlic powder, and add some seasoned salt and pepper to taste. Then place veggies on the prepared pan. Roast the veggies for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip around. Section the veggies to each side of the tray and place the chicken tenders in the center. Discard marinade that was used for the chicken. Brush the remaining 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture over the chicken. Add the tomatoes.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 7-15 minutes depending on the size of your chicken. Be careful to monitor the chicken so you don't overcook it. Remember, the cooking time will largely vary based on the size of your chicken.
- Serve the chicken and veggies with the remaining Balsamic + Italian mixture. Top with freshly chopped parsley if desired.