One Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
This easy and simple One Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes Dinner is everything you want in a hearty, comforting meal. This tasty one-pan meal will be ready in minutes and you will love the flavors!
It’s been crazy, ever since we started our new year resolution to make smarter choices in the food we eat, we have found recipes that we totally love. I thought this would be really hard for us to do but we actually are loving the changes!
Even the kids like this dish! That’s a winner when you’ve got picky little toddlers.
But nobody can resist that delicious chicken and tender sweet potatoes!
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, more as needed
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 6 thighs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 ½ teaspoon sage
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1:In a small, shallow bowl, mix together vinegar and honey. Mix in half the red onion and a pinch of salt and set aside for garnish, tossing the mixture occasionally as the chicken cooks.
- 2:In a bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, coriander and black pepper. Rub mixture on chicken. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- 3: Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together 3 tablespoons oil, sweet potato, pepper, remaining onion, sage, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, cayenne. Spread vegetables out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 4: Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to marinated chicken and turn to coat. Place chicken pieces, skin-side up, among the vegetables, making sure chicken is surrounded by them, but not on top of them. (Chicken should rest directly on the baking sheet.)
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and raise heat to 450 degrees. Use a wide spatula to flip vegetables over (but not chicken). Drizzle chicken (but not vegetables) with 2 teaspoons liquid from the onion-vinegar mixture. Roast until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPES
SHEET PAN STEAK FAJITAS
36 thoughts on “Easy One Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes”
Love one pan meals. very easy, fast and convenient mostly when it comes to weekends since that’s when I really I’m not in the mood of staying long in the kitchen. This look so delicious.
I make a lot of one pan meals. They are quick to throw together, and make for a quick cleanup as well. This sounds like a family pleasing meal!
The chicken looks so good! I’m sure it’s packed with flavor and I love that this is all made in one pan. That means less dishes to clean! Thanks for the recipe, I’d love to try it!
Yum, this is my kind of meal. I’m pretty sure everyone here would love it. I’m a huge fan of sweet potatoes!
This chicken dish looks so healthy and delicious! I love that you incorporated vegetables in it. I am always looking for creative ways to serve chicken and I will add this to my armamentarium of recipes.
Great combination sweet potatoes and chicken I am hungry now. Thanks for your participation on this shop.
I love one pan meal especially during the weekdays, to make it easier for me to multitask and kind of just put dinner in the oven and workout and other things I need to get done.
One pot meals are my favourite! Less dishwashing is always welcome 🙂 This looks like a great recipe.. I’m going to look for the mazola corn oil next time I’m out shopping..
OK now this sounds like it would be right up my street, I have to admit I am really liking sweet potatoes at the moment and chicken is so versatile to work with.
I love the simplicity of this dish. It looks so good and easy to make. Curious if our boys would be interested in eating this. They’re picky when it comes to sweet potatoes.
This looks delicious! I love sweet potatoes and when I get a chance to use them, do it as soon as possible.Ill share this recipe with my mom who loves them as well, thanks for sharing.
One pan dishes are my current obsession! I love how simple they are and easy to clean up. With that being said this is definitely on my to try recipe list! It looks so delicious and flavorful. Can’t wait to try!!
me too! they are so easy but so good!
This is a pretty good chicken dish. I would love to make this for myself
I love sweet potatoes, but feel like I never know how to incorporate them into dishes. This recipe sounds so good! Can’t wait to try it 🙂
this is a keeper!
This looks so good. I love the recipe with the sweet potatoes I would find some more green veggies to add to this.
This looks amazing! My daughter loves sweet potatoes, so I know she would love this!
It’s so good!
Oh this sounds right up my alley! I have been interesting in trying a one pan recipe.
you will love them!
Love it! As I am fond of sweet potatoes, that looks absolutely delicious to me. Would definitely give it a go 🙂
Chicken and sweet potatoes are two of my very favorite things in the world. I bet the entire family would love this dish, not just me. I’m saving it to make once everyone is over this bad flu.
This looks so good! You’d never guess it was cooked in one pan! I love anything that saves me from washing extra dishes lol
This looks yummy! Pinning for later.
Oh now this sounds delicious – hands up we love sweet potatoes in this house and we are always looking for new ways to use them! Thank you.
I love anything that can be done as a one pan meal. This looks like it would be absolutely delicious and there is not a ton of dishes to clean. Win in my book!
This looks delicious and the chicken appears to be very juicy. I love one-pan dishes. It makes it easier to feed our army of men! 🙂
This is a delicious One Pan Meal! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your great post with us at Full Plate Thursday!
Mmm yum! i love sweet potato recipes. i’ve never tried this one pan recipe,but it looks so yummy and filling.
they have become my favorite go to dinners!
I’m huge fan of Mazola, and one pot meals; like this chicken and sweet potatoes. Great recipe.
My god, this recipe looks heavenly! I love good food like this, and the best part is, the recipe is pretty easy to follow too 🙂 I will have to give it a whirl x
This pan chicken dish looks so delicious. I would love to make it. Thanks for sharing.
It’s so convenient to be able to make the whole meal in one pan. It’s so easy to just pop it into the oven when I get home from work.
I love one pan meals! They’re so quick and easy!