One Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
This easy and simple One Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes Dinner is everything you want in a hearty, comforting meal. This tasty one-pan meal will be ready in minutes and you will love the flavors!
It’s been crazy, ever since we started our new year resolution to make smarter choices in the food we eat, we have found recipes that we totally love. I thought this would be really hard for us to do but we actually are loving the changes!
Even the kids like this dish! That’s a winner when you’ve got picky little toddlers.
But nobody can resist that delicious chicken and tender sweet potatoes!
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, more as needed
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 6 thighs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 ½ teaspoon sage
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1:In a small, shallow bowl, mix together vinegar and honey. Mix in half the red onion and a pinch of salt and set aside for garnish, tossing the mixture occasionally as the chicken cooks.
- 2:In a bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, coriander and black pepper. Rub mixture on chicken. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- 3: Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together 3 tablespoons oil, sweet potato, pepper, remaining onion, sage, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, cayenne. Spread vegetables out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 4: Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to marinated chicken and turn to coat. Place chicken pieces, skin-side up, among the vegetables, making sure chicken is surrounded by them, but not on top of them. (Chicken should rest directly on the baking sheet.)
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and raise heat to 450 degrees. Use a wide spatula to flip vegetables over (but not chicken). Drizzle chicken (but not vegetables) with 2 teaspoons liquid from the onion-vinegar mixture. Roast until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPES