This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSwap #CollectiveBias
It’s been crazy, ever since we started our new year resolution to make smarter choices in the food we eat, we have found recipes that we totally love. I thought this would be really hard for us to do but we actually are loving the changes! We have been looking into different oils that we can use in our recipes and decided to grab a bottle of Mazola® Corn Oil. Mazola® Corn Oil is an all-purpose cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy choice for your family. Variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir-frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing. A recent study has found that adding Mazola® Corn Oil to one’s diet resulted in lower cholesterol levels than Coconut Oil. A previous study found that corn oil can also help lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about the study, see Mazola.com.
We have been loving the one pan meals! We decided to swap out potatoes for sweet potatoes and Mazola® Corn Oil instead of butter. You can also use skinless, boneless thighs too. Making small changes can make such a difference to a recipe and to the way you feel!
We have been loving the one pan meals! We decided to swap out potatoes for sweet potatoes and instead of butter. Making small changes can make such a difference to a recipe and to the way you feel!
Mazola® Corn Oil has a neutral taste that won’t negatively impact the taste of ingredients, so it lets the natural flavor of your food stand out. A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
Mazola® Corn Oil has a smoke point higher than most cooking oils at 450°F and performs well in a variety of cooking applications, including stir-frying, sautéing, grilling and even baking. Many home cooks may not realize that all cooking oils have a smoke point that, once exceeded, not only negatively affect the food’s flavor and nutritional value.
I love that you can use Mazola® Corn Oil at a higher heat because there are so many oils that you can’t do that with.
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, more as needed
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 6 thighs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 ½ teaspoon sage
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1:In a small, shallow bowl, mix together vinegar and honey. Mix in half the red onion and a pinch of salt and set aside for garnish, tossing the mixture occasionally as the chicken cooks.
- 2:In a bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, coriander and black pepper. Rub mixture on chicken. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- 3: Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together 3 tablespoons oil, sweet potato, pepper, remaining onion, sage, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, cayenne. Spread vegetables out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 4: Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to marinated chicken and turn to coat. Place chicken pieces, skin-side up, among the vegetables, making sure chicken is surrounded by them, but not on top of them. (Chicken should rest directly on the baking sheet.)
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and raise heat to 450 degrees. Use a wide spatula to flip vegetables over (but not chicken). Drizzle chicken (but not vegetables) with 2 teaspoons liquid from the onion-vinegar mixture. Roast until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
Mazola® cooking oil is made of 100% pure oil with no additives, so the great flavor of your food comes through