The Best Apple Cake
The Best Apple Cake! I don’t what it is about Fall but it always makes me want to bake apple recipes. It’s not like I go out and harvest the apples from the orchard. Something deep inside of me just calls to me, cook something with an apple in it.
I always thought when I was a newly married that the only way to make a cake was from a mix and a scratch cake would be too hard. My opinion has completely changed over the years and I have realized that scratch is the way to go! Of course, we all have those moments when we have to rely on a cake mix but scratch can never be beaten by a mix!
It’s the small things in life that make memories that can last forever. This cake can become one of those recipes that are requested over the years. A small mention of it will bring a smile to their faces. It is so full of flavor that you will slap your leg and call it Susie!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond pieces
- 2 1/2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- For the glaze
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- For the cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together sugars, eggs, butter, and oil until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour the batter into baking pan. (It will be thick with the apples and nuts very visible.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the glaze
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir or whisk together all ingredients.
- Allow glaze to thicken slightly - stirring frequently - and pour it over the warm cake.
- Use a spatula to quickly and gently, spread the glaze over the surface of the cake.
- Allow cake to cool, then slice and serve.
DELICIOUS CAKE RECIPES
7 thoughts on “The Best Apple Cake”
Yay! I’ve always wanted to bake a cake from scratch, and here appears your delightful recipe! This year, I think I’ll give it a try. It looks so good, I can smell it ????????❤️
Looks delicious! We always order apple cake in restaurants, but I would love to try baking one. I’ll follow your recipe and see how it goes!
My grandma used to make the best apple butter and that’s what this recipe reminds me of. I’ll have to try it.
This apple cake looks delicious and really tempting. I will definitely try to make this apple cake this Holiday. It’s very timely because I am looking for a healthy recipe for Holiday.
You just reminded me, we have apples in the house! I don’t have time for the cake right this second, but maybe later tonight! It would def. be a nice switch.
My kids love Apple Cake and this looks so delicious. I am going to try this recipe at home instead of buying it, would be healthier this way and I am sure my kids will love it.
Your Apple Cake looks amazing! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
Come Back Soon