I can’t tell you how many times a week that we run to the grocery store to pick up a tube of cookie dough for my 14-year-old daughter. Every time we do it, my husband asks me if it’s safe for her to eat it raw and quite honestly, I don’t know, but we continue to do it.
I thought our family was crazy when all we wanted to do is eat the cookie dough and not cook the cookies because that has always been the best part of making cookies! Licking the spoon and taking your finger and getting the last morsel out of the bowl and thinking that we are such a rebel and living on the wild side.
Then the cookie dough craze began all over the country and I realized that it wasn’t just our crazy little family that the whole country felt the same way!
The closet edible cookie dough shop is several miles away from my house. Since that’s not an option and we won’t be jumping in our car to go to Salt Lake each night, we needed to come up with a solution other than running to the store for a tube! We all know the homemade is better than store-bought dough.
The best thing is that you can make it to order, go a little crazy and add a few sprinkles! Goodness, you could even serve it in a cone and everybody’s mind will be blown!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sprinkles- optional
- Mix butter and sugars with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add vanilla, mix until well combined. Add in baking soda, salt, flour, oats, chocolate chips and sprinkles, stirring until well combined.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Remember, there is always risk with any food, including cookie dough. Make and eat raw cookie dough at YOUR own risk. I am not telling you that it is safe.