It was my turn to host the high school cheerleader luncheon and of course, that means another chance to come up with another recipe. I don’t mind taking my turn because there are so many great parents going the extra mile for my girl that I want to give back too.
Usually when I’m doing something for my girls, I ask them what they want me to make because my kids always have a plan in their mind of how they want things to go and how it will make it successful. If I try to change the plan, I might cause a freak out because I don’t think like a teenage girl! I thought for sure Andie would pick one of her all time favorite cookies but she wanted something full of chocolate! I’m so glad she did! This is such a moist and full of flavor cookie. You will absolutely love it!
Ingredients: click to print
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and the vanilla, and mix well.
- In a different bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then combine dry ingredients and butter mixture, until well combined.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes. Make sure not to over bake