When we started the blog, we shared some of the best recipes! One of the all time favorites is our peanut butter cookie. It has become not only our favorite cookie but tons of followers that have tried it! I haven’t made this delicious cookie for a while and wanted to make sure it has stood up over the years and it has, with flying colors!
Every cookie came out perfectly and we didn’t want to share with anyone!
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- · Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cookie sheets with a non-stick spray.
- · Cream together the sugars, shortening, butter, and peanut butter.
- · Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined.
- · Mix the dry ingredients together, add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture.
- · Roll the cookie dough into tablespoon size balls.
- · Roll the cookie balls into sugar.
- · Place on the cookie sheets- DO NOT mash with a fork in normal “peanut butter cookie” fashion.
- · Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
Thanks for Stopping By!