This is a Peanut Butter Cake is great for your family or any parties that are coming up for the holidays! It is so light and moist that it almost melts in your mouth!!
There is something so inviting when peanut butter is involved! We have been lovers of our peanut butter cookies for years and I wanted to expand our horizon. Making a dessert in the middle of the week is a rare occasion but I decided to surprise my husband!
I have told you guys several times that my hubby is really honest when I make something new for the blog and sometimes things just don’t make the cut. This one did! He couldn’t stop eating it because it was so good!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (12 tablespoons) sticks butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine 1 1/2 sticks butter, butter crisco, and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir to make sure all butter is melted.
- Whisk 1/2 cup peanut butter into butter mixture. Stir into flour mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- To make frosting: use an mixer to beat butter and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Add half of powdered sugar and half of milk and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, milk and the vanilla pudding mix and beat until smooth. Add a little more milk if necessary. Garnish with chopped peanuts
SHEET PAN RECIPES