Peanut Butter Cake
This is a Peanut Butter Cake is great for your family or any parties that are coming up for the holidays! It is so light and moist that it almost melts in your mouth!!
There is something so inviting when peanut butter is involved! We have been lovers of our peanut butter cookies for years and I wanted to expand our horizon. Making a dessert in the middle of the week is a rare occasion but I decided to surprise my husband!
I have told you guys several times that my hubby is really honest when I make something new for the blog and sometimes things just don’t make the cut. This one did! He couldn’t stop eating it because it was so good!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (12 tablespoons) sticks butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine 1 1/2 sticks butter, butter crisco, and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir to make sure all butter is melted.
- Whisk 1/2 cup peanut butter into butter mixture. Stir into flour mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- To make frosting: use an mixer to beat butter and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Add half of powdered sugar and half of milk and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, milk and the vanilla pudding mix and beat until smooth. Add a little more milk if necessary. Garnish with chopped peanuts
SHEET PAN RECIPES
Banana Bread Bars
15 thoughts on “Easy Peanut Butter Cake”
I just pinned your amazing Peanut Butter Cake! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back to see us real soon!
Printed off this recipe to make for Thanksgiving at daughter’s in law’s house. We are all close and I always take the same thing. They will be surprised when I bring this!! One question, what size sheet pan did you use?? My oven is older and smaller than most so I have a smaller sheet pan. It is, on inside, about 10 X 15. Have given a few away because they would not fit!
I used the smaller one! I hope you love it!
I am so excited to try this! We live for peanut butter in this house and I cannot imagine a more delectable treat! Pinning and printing!
Oh wow! This is superb! I am too excited to try this soon! I could find everything in my kitchen!
I don’t think I have ever had the pleasure of indulging into a peanut butter cake. It sounds very tasty and I don’t think I would be disappointed either. I will most definitely need to try this when it comes time to making a birthday cake for a relative.
Oh my gosh this is making me so hungry!! It looks absolutely delicious!!!!
Your photos make my mouth water. Thank you for this recipe – seems easy to make and the time is less than 30 minutes, so I’m in! 😀
This looks a little like Sans Rival only peanut butter is used! I think it’s really lovely as we all love peanut butter in the family. I can’t wait to try and make it!
There are quite a few peanut butter lovers in my family that I know would love this recipe. I’m saving it for later, because it may come in handy.
Looks like something the kids would love! Love the idea of creating peanut butter frosting – it’s a new one for us but it sounds delish.
Peanut Butter is my favourite go to for breakfast and snacks. I am definitely going to try this recipe 🙂
I love peanut butter, so I’m pretty sure this would be my all time favorite cake!
I do really like peanut butter flavor, and this peanut butter cake looks so delightful and really tempting. I will definitely try to make this one on Holiday.
Yummy! My kids would love this. They love peanut butter. Who wouldn’t? Thanks for sharing.