Parmesan Chicken Pillows
Happy Monday! Need something quick and easy for dinner, but also, extremely delicious? Try these Parmesan Chicken Pillows!
I didn’t realize how busy I would be with school, Grey, and life in general! This working mom thing is kicking my trash.
I try to get everything ready the night before but I literally always forget something. I’m contemplating getting a whiteboard with lists of what I need for each day for Grey, school, lunch, dinner, and Matt.
I can barely handle the day to day when Greyson doesn’t want to sleep at night. He’s getting so much better but he’s been having a little bit of a tummy ache lately, I think it’s just gas but that means spit-up, sleepless nights, and blowouts.
For dinner, this means either sandwich or eating fast food. Since we’re building a new house (Yay! Super Duper Excited!) we really need to be saving money.
Therefore, all my meals are simple and cheap! This meal has always been one of my favorites to put a little twist on it based on what I had in my fridge and cupboard.
This turned out surprisingly good, based on what I had! Give this bad boy a try!
Parmesan Chicken Pillows
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chives, diced
- salt and pepper
- 2- 8 oz cans Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, chives, and season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll crescent dough from cans and press together two triangles to create one rectangle. Make sure you press together the perforations well so your filling won’t squish out the sides while baking.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture into each rectangle. Fold each corner over the center of filling. Press together to cover the filling entirely. Shape into a ball. Repeat will all the rolls. Dip each roll into the melted butter and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess. Place each coated chicken pillow onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the creamy parmesan sauce, while the rolls are baking prepare the sauce. In a medium saucepan melt the butter and whisk in the flour to create a rue. Cooking over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes stirring constantly, until the mixture is golden and bubbling. Then slowly whisk in the milk, chicken bouillon, and pepper. Stir constantly over medium heat until the sauce thickens and bubbles about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in parmesan cheese and continue to stir until cheese is melted. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Serve over the rolls warm from the oven.