Now that it’s Fall, all I can think about is delicious Fall desserts! You know what I mean. Recipes that have apples, pumpkin, cinnamon and other hearty spices. Of course you can eat them anytime of year but they scream Fall! The caramel bloomin’ apple recipe fits in this category. You can get your sweet fix in matter of minutes!
There are nights that I just want a little dessert but I don’t want to put a lot of effort into baking. This would be so fun to do with the family. Bonus! You will be sneaking a some fruit into their diets!
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 green apples
- 4 chewy caramel squares
- Lemon wedge
- Ice cream, for serving
- Caramel, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Slice off the top of each apple then use a melon baller (or a teaspoon) to scoop out the core.
- Using a paring knife, make three circular cuts in the apple. Place the apple cut side-down on a cutting board and slice crosswise.
- Place cut apples in a small baking dish. Fill each apple with two to three caramel squares then brush melted butter mixture on top. Bake until the apples are tender, about 40 to 50 minutes, depending how you want your apple cooked.
- Serve warm with ice cream and drizzle with caramel.
Thanks for Stopping By!