Don’t look any further, this is absolutely the best apple crisp recipe you’ll ever try! It’s the perfect comfort food dessert! Crunchy apples wrapped in a warm hug!
I have decided that I love different crisps for dessert than the traditional pie for the Fall season. I’m always thinking that I need a pie but the truth is that this stuff is so much better and so easy to make! So rise up! And join the crisp train!
Mouthwatering Apple Crisp
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter an 8x8 baking dish, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add topping ingredients (brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, and salt. Mix it well.
- Spread topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out. Drizzle the butter over the top. Bake 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- We love to serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel. Enjoy!
Did you try this Mouthwatering Apple Crisp recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you!
Handheld Apple Pies
14 thoughts on “Mouthwatering Apple Crisp”
Wow! Looks delicious! I will definitely have to try that apple crisp! Thanks for sharing!
this sounds great. i love that you drizzle the melted butter over it–rather than using fingers or forks to mix dry ingredients with cold butter.
the cold butter never seems to cover everything to make a crispy topping. I love me some crispy top!
YUM, sounds good!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 5. Shared.
You can never have to much apple crisp! BTW I love your measuring spoons! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at the Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you’ll be sharing next week. Pinning!
All of your fall desserts look SO good! I aught to get baking! the season really does demand it, doesn’t it? I will definitely have to try your apple crisp, It looks incredible. (Found you on Creatively Crafty Link Party)
I’m so glad it’s apple season! This looks delicious!
I love a good, traditional apple crisp! I remember the first time I made an apple crisp. I was only about 8 and I didn’t read the recipe properly so I mixed the topping in with the apples! It tasted weird but good!! Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe with the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Shared on the Hearth and Soul Link Party Facebook page. Have a great weekend!
Just what the doctor ordered for this fall season! I’ve always loved a good apple crisp. I made a prepackaged one recently and it was just eh. Your recipe seems like a much better way to go. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen
I’m so glad!
We love Apple Crisp and your recipe looks great! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday.