Don’t look any further, this is absolutely the best apple crisp recipe you’ll ever try! It’s the perfect comfort food dessert! Crunchy apples wrapped in a warm hug!
I have decided that I love different crisps for dessert than the traditional pie for the Fall season. I’m always thinking that I need a pie but the truth is that this stuff is so much better and so easy to make! So rise up! And join the crisp train!
Mouthwatering Apple Crisp
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter an 8x8 baking dish, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add topping ingredients (brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, and salt. Mix it well.
- Spread topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out. Drizzle the butter over the top. Bake 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- We love to serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel. Enjoy!
Did you try this Mouthwatering Apple Crisp recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you!
Handheld Apple Pies