When the weather starts warming up, it’s time for strawberry desserts! It’s like a natural reaction to want to partake of that fresh creation. lol! I was doing a little research and saw different recipes for Strawberry Upside Down Cake. I have had pineapple upside-down cake before but never strawberry. I was curious how it would taste.
I must admit that it’s not the prettiest dessert I have ever made but it does rank high on flavor! We had two desserts at family dinner this day and once everyone tasted this goodness, they couldn’t stop eating it! I was a naysayer,
I didn’t believe that it would just come out of the pan without any issues but it did! We couldn’t decide what made this so good but we believe that it might be the coconut oil that we used to make the cake batter. This is a must recipe for the Summer!
- 2 to 3 cups fresh strawberry, crushed
- 1 small package strawberry gelatin mix
- 3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (18 ounce) yellow cake mix, batter prepared as directed on the package but substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Evenly sprinkle strawberries with dry gelatin powder and top with miniature marshmallows.
- Pour prepared cake batter on top of the marshmallows. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the sides and turn the cake out onto a serving tray. Store cake in the refrigerator.