Best Ever Macaroni Salad
This is literally the Best Ever Macaroni Salad. Perfect for any barbecue this spring and summer. It’s easy to make and tastes delicious!
Not sure why, but I have been craving macaroni salad. I’ve never really been a huge fan of it but for some reason, it sounded delicious the other day and we had all of the ingredients I needed.
I used the random noodles I had left in the cupboard so really you can use any noodles you have. Also, I won’t lie I put in all the ingredients that I have been craving lately. I guess you truly have to make what sounds good to you at the moment.
I have been feeling nauseous lately again, and I don’t know why?! I thought I was past the morning sickness stage of pregnancy now that I am in my third trimester.
Apparently it can come back whenever it wants to though. Not to mention the heartburn, what do you guys do to get rid of the heartburn? Milk is the only thing that works for me these days!
Anyways, Matt and I thought this turned out really great! Give it a try!
Best Ever Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound shell pasta
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickles chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box, until pasta is al dente. Run cool water over the top to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Whisk together mayo, sour cream, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and mustard until it’s blended. Add salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Mix the pasta and mayo mixture in a large bowl. Then add the remaining ingredients and mix throughout the salad.
6 thoughts on “Best Ever Macaroni Salad”
Your macaroni salad sounds delicious! You’re the first one who linked up at my new link party Sew It Cook It Craft It – you made my day! 🙂
This sounds delicious. I’ve never put the cider vinegar in macaroni salads I’ve made in the past (or sour cream, for that matter) but I bet that kicks it over the “yummy meter!” Will definitely try this soon.
This looks wonderful! I think I will try it. What is the fresh green on top? Thanks
We will really enjoy this awesome Macaroni Salad, it looks so good! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
This sounds amazing. Since there are dill pickles in the salad, I might use fresh dill on top. Best wishes on your upcoming addition.