This is literally the Best Ever Macaroni Salad. Perfect for any barbecue this spring and summer. It’s easy to make and tastes delicious!
Not sure why, but I have been craving macaroni salad. I’ve never really been a huge fan of it but for some reason it sounded delicious the other day and we had all of the ingredients I needed. I used the random noodles I had left in cupboard so really you can use any noodles you have. Also, I won’t lie I put in all the ingredients that I have been craving lately. I guess you truly have to make what sounds good to you at the moment. I have been feeling nauseous lately again, and I don’t know why?! I thought I was past the morning sickness stage of pregnancy now that I am in my third trimester. Apparently it can come back whenever it wants to though. Not to mention the heart burn, what do you guys do to get rid of the heart burn? Milk is the only thing that works for me these days! Anyways, Matt and I thought this turned out really great! Give it a try!
- 1 pound shell pasta
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickles chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box, until pasta is al dente. Run cool water over the top to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Whisk together mayo, sour cream, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and mustard until it’s blended. Add salt, pepper and paprika.
- Mix the pasta and mayo mixture in a large bowl. Then ad remaining ingredients and mix through out the salad.